Sky Wars One of the most adored Star Wars video games of all time, The Old Republic, has seen consistent play since its release. Although the game is fantastic, there are a few issues that could arise. The notice “This application has encountered an unidentified issue” is undoubtedly one of them.
To attempt and quickly fix the issue on your machine, use the options we’ve provided below. The easiest and most practical techniques are listed towards the bottom, but consider all your possibilities!
What Results in the SWTOR Error Message “This Application has Encountered an Unknown Error”?
The SWTOR game crashes and displays a number of problems, including the one we’re going to talk about in this article, when Bitraider is used to speed up the downloading and updating process. This has led to many complaints against Bitraider. Make sure you adhere to the instructions he provided because simply deleting it can result in issues.
Your firewall may also be to blame for the issue because it may be preventing the game’s client from correctly updating itself. The best thing you could do to try to fix the issue is to add an exception for the game in the firewall.
Finally, it’s critical that you take the required actions to remove malware from your computer if you suspect that you have it. When you have crucial files on your PC, SWTOR not working is the least of your worries.
Solution 1: Kill all Bitraider Processes and Delete its Folder
Numerous users have endorsed the fact that Bitraider is to responsible for the issue. In order to reduce network use, Bitraider offers a downloading technique that may be used to update and download the client update while you play the game.
However, many people started disabling it as they played because of the persistent game instability and crashes.
- Using Task Manager, you must end all Bitraider-related processes. To launch the Task Manager utility, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously on your keyboard.
- As an alternative, you can press the keys Ctrl, Alt, and Del simultaneously and choose Task Manager from the popup menu that will show on the blue screen. Additionally, you may look for it using the Start menu.
- To expand Task Manager and look for any Bitraider-related processes, such as its main executable Bitraider.exe, click on More information at the bottom left of the window. However, there may be numerous entries for the same.exe. Brw.exe and BRSptsvc.exe are additional services. They must be found immediately after Background processes. Choose the End task option in the lower right corner of the window after selecting each one individually.
- Confirm the notice that will appear and warn you that stopping certain processes could have an adverse effect on your computer by clicking Yes.
- You must now delete the “Bitraider” folder from the game’s installation (or root) folder. The default directory for games installed with Origin is C >> Program Files (x86) >> Origin Games. Simply select “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click the “Bitraider” folder.
- Check to see whether the SWTOR “This application has encountered an unspecified error” warning still appears by reopening the game’s client on Origin or the executable file on your computer.
Solution 2: Make a Firewall Exception to Allow the Client Updates
Firewalls are sometimes to fault for certain network issues that can cause issues when an upgrade is published. Whether you use Windows Defender Firewall or a third-party firewall, the issue still exists and you should try to fix it by turning it off.
- Click the circular Cortana button or the Search magnifying glass in the left portion of your taskbar, or use the Start button to search for Control Panel.
- After the Control Panel window has opened, choose the display to Large or Small icons, then look for the Windows Firewall option near the bottom of the window.
- From the left-side menu, select Windows Firewall, then select the option labelled “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.” An app list ought to appear. Select the Star Ward The Old Republic entry from the list, then select the Private and Public networks checkboxes.
- Select OK, restart your computer, then open the issue game again through Steam to see if the “This application has encountered an unidentified fault” warning has been eliminated.
Solution 3: Check Your Computer for Malware
There have been instances where people who had malware on their computer were unable to remove the error before removing the infection.
A damaged video game is probably the least of your worries because viruses may frequently harm your computer much more, so it’s critical that you act quickly and run a malware scan!
Here, we’ll demonstrate how to use Malwarebytes to scan your computer because it frequently produces the best results given that it has such a huge database. Good fortune!
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a fantastic anti-malware programme that you can download for free from the company’s website. Make sure to get the trial version because, hopefully, you won’t need the complete suite once you’ve resolved this problem (unless you wish to buy it so you’ll have it on hand for later issues).
- Double-click on the executable file you just downloaded from their website in the Downloads folder on your computer to launch it.
- Choose the location where you wish to install Malwarebytes, then follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation process.
- Launch Malwarebytes by looking for it in the Start menu or on your desktop, then click the Scan button on the app’s home screen.
- After starting its updating procedure to update its malware database, the utility will likely start the scan. Please be patient until the process is complete, which could take some time. If malware is found on your computer, make sure to have it quarantined or destroyed.
- After the scanning procedure is finished, restart your computer and see whether SWTOR is still giving you problems.
Solution 4: Reinstall Using Steam.
In some circumstances, using the Steam version in place of the standard one may prevent the game from functioning at all.
This looks like an odd and irritating workaround, yet the majority of customers who have applied it to their PCs report that it works. As a result, in this step, we will first uninstall the game before installing it using the Steam software. in order to
- To open the Run prompt, press “Windows” + “R.”
- To open the application wizard, enter “Appwiz.cpl” and hit “Enter.”
- Select the game with the right click in the Application wizard by scrolling through the list.
- Choose “Uninstall” from the menu, then allow the executable to execute on its own.
- To completely uninstall the game from your computer, follow the on-screen directions.
- To get the game’s Steam version.
- Download and set up the game on your computer using Steam, and then check to see if the problem is still present.
Solution 5: Altering Launcher Settings
However, keep in mind that it is nearly like a full reinstall of the game and may take longer to really finish. Another method you may attempt is to repatch the game by changing some launcher settings that request the installation of the game to be renewed.
We shall however proceed with this solution because practically everyone who has tried it has found success with it. in order to
- Either choose “Open File Location” from the context menu when you right-click on the desktop shortcut for the game, or go directly to the installation path.
- Use your notepad to open the “Launcher.Settings” file located in this directory.
- Now change the lines below as shown below.
Change the line that reads:
, “PatchingMode”: “swtor: BR”
“PatchingMode”: “swtor”: “SSN”
- Make the following lines changes as shown below.
Change the line that reads:
Fale for “bitraider disable”
with “bitraider disable” set to true
- To save the modifications you’ve just made to this file, pick the “File” option and then the “Save” button.
- Verify whether doing so resolves the game’s problem.
Solution 6: Add Windows Defender Exceptions.
Some game executables or files may occasionally be prevented from running on your computer by the antivirus software you have installed or by the built-in antivirus protection provided by Windows Defender. To ensure that the game is not being prohibited on the PC, we will add some Windows Defender Exclusions in this stage. Ensure that any third-party hardware you have installed on your computer includes these exclusions as well.
- To open the settings, start by pressing “Windows” + “I,” then select “Update and Security.”
- Click the “Windows Security” button in the left pane, followed by the “Virus and Threat Protection” button.
- Under the Virus and Threat Protection Settings header, click the “Manage Settings” button.
- In the following window, scroll down and select the “Add or Remove Exclusions” button.
- Select “Folder” from the File type drop-down menu after clicking the “Add an Exclusion” option.
- Include the game installation folder and then save your modifications.
- In a similar manner, add the swtor.exe and brwc.exe by choosing “Files” from the 5th option instead of “Folder.”
- After that, be sure to follow these instructions in any additional antivirus or firewall programme you have running on your computer.
- After putting these measures into practise, see if the problem still exists.
In addition to these, be careful to apply the following procedures to each of your antivirus programmes.
Avoid Protocol Filtering with ESET
Kapersky: Stop using encrypted connections and stop scanning them.
Make sure that Exceptions are allowed and are not on auto in Norton’s antivirus firewall.
Disable the Link Scanner Sheild function in AVG Antivirus.
Solution 7: Enabling Service
In certain cases, this problem on your computer may be brought on by the BitRaider Service itself being disabled from the service management window. So, in this step, we’ll change the service’s startup type from manual to automated using the service manager. To accomplish this:
- To open the Run prompt, press “Windows” + “R.”
- To open the service management window, enter “Services.msc” and hit “Enter.”
- Select the “Startup Type” dropdown after double-clicking the “BitRaider mini-support service stub loader” service.
- To preserve your changes, choose “Automatic” from the list and press “Apply.”
- To close the window, use the “OK” button.
- Verify to see whether doing so resolves the SWTOR game’s problem.