Despite the fast-paced nature of change in the modern world, efficient project management is a top concern for every manager and team.
That implies you must accomplish unmatched outcomes in administering your tasks and management processes, regardless of the adversity or struggle you may encounter. Anything from initiation of the project to project conclusion should be planned beforehand and completed strategically.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the main stages of project management. Learn how to strategically plan the development of your projects and what software solutions to use to communicate the progress to your board.
Project Management Lifecycle
Let’s start with the basics. The classic project methodology is usually divided into the following five stages:
- Project initiation. This is where the project begins. First, the project leader specifies the work at a top standard at this stage. Then, they conduct a thorough examination of the plan to evaluate whether it is viable.
- Project planning. When the program manager is confident that the plan is doable, they create a map for everyone to follow. The map is essentially a well-thought-out design phase with S.M.A.R.T. and C.L.E.A.R. objectives.
- Project execution. It’s essential to produce and finalize outputs after the project has been designed and planned. Therefore, the phase typically starts with a “kick-off” conference in which all of the groups engaged are briefed on their roles and duties.
- Project supervision and control. This level is focused on tracking performance and progress to verify that whatever unfolds in the venture follows the original plan. So it aids in ensuring that the most satisfactory possible solution is given at the end of the design phase.
- Completion of the project. The program management cycle comes to a close at this step. This is when the work is declared done.
How Do You Manage Projects Effectively?
A variety of input circumstances can cause a project’s derailment. But as a leader, you can take a few proactive measures to ensure project success:
- Maintain an open line of communication. Communication makes over 90% of a manager’s duties. It’s part of that role to get everybody on the same path, ensure objectives and aspirations are aligned, eliminate risks, or keep disagreements in control across the project. As a leader, ensure that information flows smoothly and efficiently through to project completion.
- Learn how to use technology. Using cloud-based technology solutions is the most efficient approach to managing projects online. Fortunately, such technology is plentiful: from task management and corporate productivity tools to board management software and more.
The critical part of managing any project is communication between the project manager/leader and the board. Board meeting software was created with the purpose of making that communication way more secure and efficient.
How Does Board Portal Software Help You Connect With Your Board?
Apart from communication, board directors need confidence that the board meetings will be kept private. A board meeting app ensures just that, offering an easy-to-use, centralized, and protected environment for your project management purposes. In particular, it provides:
- Convenient data gathering and cooperating. When it comes to formulating strategic goals, assessing risks, and managing their projects, collecting all the necessary viewpoints enables managers and directors to achieve adequately informed judgments. At this stage, boards of directors can rely on onboard software to exchange links, documents, publications, or other ideas for peer assessment.
Having the capacity to exchange data efficiently helps boards arrive at sessions with more comprehensive knowledge, which therefore results in more engaging and valuable board conversations.
- Intuitive and easy to use. Despite the heavy workload, board members claim to interact from wherever they are on the planet. Thanks to decent internet access, boards may easily do all operations remotely. Not every board member is tech-savvy though. But since every board portal is very intuitive and easy to use, getting around the main functions must not be a problem even for people without any technical experience.
On top of that, most board portals offer live training sessions or detailed instructions on how to use the software, which surely makes their application more convenient.
- Secure communications. Since board members deal with tons of highly sensitive legal, financial, and human resources information, keeping that data protected is a must.
Board portals ensure protected board document management thanks to secure login, all-around encryption, customizable user permissions, ISO 27001 certification, in-app chatting, and many other essential safety measures in place.
The combination of these features ensures the results of board communications are kept fully confidential, which is a necessity these days.
In order to keep your project management and communications with the board productive, be sure to check various types of board meeting management solutions out there, and find the one suited for your particular needs.
Board portals will not only simplify your board communication and overall project management, but they will also make your work more transparent with their wide reporting capabilities.
Considering the bank-grade security offered by them, this solution might be a worthwhile addition to your existing project management suite.