Discord is a voice over IP application. This app is used to communicate with friends and other people. You can chat, voice chat, and do lots of other stuff in Discord. But you might face a downloading update issue while opening the Discord app.
Here are a few solutions to crack the Discord Update Failed issue.
For gamers and non-gamers alike, Discord has evolved into a primary platform for communication, collaboration, and community building. While its features are vast and dynamic, like any software, Discord too has its share of update issues.
In this article, we will demystify Discord updates, explore common problems users face, and provide actionable solutions.
What is a Discord Update?
A Discord update is a release from the Discord team that can introduce new features, fix bugs, enhance security, or improve performance. These updates ensure that the application remains compatible with evolving operating systems and that users get the best experience.
Causes of Discord Update Failed Issue
Several factors can lead to a Discord update failing:
- Insufficient Storage: If there’s not enough storage space on your device, the update may fail.
- Corrupted Files: Sometimes, Discord’s core files may become corrupted, causing issues during updates.
- Network Issues: A weak or unstable internet connection can hinder the update process.
- Software Conflicts: Occasionally, third-party software might interfere with Discord’s update mechanism.
How to Fix Discord Update Failed
Method 1 – Reinstall Discord
Reinstalling the discord has worked for many users. It’s a very easy process, and it only takes a couple of minutes. Here are the Steps to reinstall the Discord app.
Step 1: Delete Discord and all its associated files and folders. Make sure you back up the data you need.
Step 2: Visit the Discord website to download the latest version and install it. Disable any protection software that is running interference.
Method 2 – Clean Reinstall Discord
If reinstalling the discord did not work, then you can clean install discord. This just means to manually delete a few of the discord files. Here is the complete list of Steps for clean reinstalling discord:
Step 1: Check whether the Discord isn’t in the system tray. If you find it to then right-click the Discord icon and select quit Discord. If you find the discord in the process list, select Discord and click End Task.
Step 2: Hold Windows key and press R and type appwiz.cpl and after that press Enter.
Step 3: Locate and select Discord from the list of installed applications.
Step 4: Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 5: Hold Windows key and press R and then type %appdata% and press Enter.
Step 6: Right-click on the Discord folder. Select delete and confirm any additional prompts.
Step 7: Press backspace once.
Step 8: Locate and double click Local folder.
Step 9: Right-click the discord folder. Select Delete and confirm any additional prompts.
Step 10: Once you are done, download the discord installer then click to run the Discord installer and follow on-screen instructions.
Your Discord must be fine after this reinstall. Try to install Discord when the computer restarts.
Method 3 – Run as Administrator
This has also worked with plenty of users.
Step 1: At first, close the Discord app.
Step 2: Now reboot if you find that the Discord app starts automatically, then close it.
Step 3: Following, the Discord system should not be in the system tray. If it is there, then right-click on Discord icon and select quit discord.
Step 4: Hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to open the task manager.
Step 5: If you find the Discord in the list, then select and click on End Task.
Step 6: Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
Step 7: If you don’t find a Discord icon on the Desktop then press the Windows key You will have a Discord entry in there. Right-click on Discord then click More and then Run as administrator.
Step 8: Now, when the app starts, the Discord update will install.
Enabling Discord Update
Usually, Discord should automatically check for updates and install them. However, if you want to ensure you’re on the latest version:
- On desktop, simply restart the application.
- On mobile, visit your respective app store (Google Play or App Store) and check for Discord updates.
Restarting and Updating Discord
- For Desktop: Close Discord by right-clicking its icon in the system tray and selecting ‘Quit Discord’. Relaunch the app, and it will automatically check for updates.
- For Mobile: Close the app and relaunch. Ensure you have the latest version installed from your app store.
Discord Installation Issues on Phones
If Discord isn’t installing on your phone:
- Ensure you have enough storage space.
- Check your internet connection.
- Restart your phone.
- If issues persist, consider clearing the app store cache or trying a different Wi-Fi network.
If Discord is malfunctioning:
- For Windows: Navigate to ‘Add or Remove Programs’, find Discord, and select ‘Uninstall’. Download the latest version from the official site and reinstall.
- For Mac: Drag the Discord app into the ‘Trash’ and empty it. Download the latest version from the official site and reinstall.
Clearing Discord Update Cache
Old cache files can sometimes cause update issues. To clear Discord’s cache:
- Ensure Discord is completely closed.
Win + Rto open the Run dialog.
%appdata%and press Enter.
- Find the Discord folder and delete it.
- Restart Discord, and it will generate fresh cache files.
- Gmail Server Error 007
- Android.Process.Media Has Stopped
- Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
- Default Gateway is Not Available