Do you have any prior When you attempted to move or copy a file, Windows prompted you, “Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?” If the answer is yes but you are unsure of the reason for and a way to prevent receiving this message, keep reading to learn more.
This pop-up message typically appears when you attempt to copy or move a file from an NTFS drive to a FAT drive (FAT16. FAT32 and any other type of FAT). In essence, the message appears because files formatted with the NTFS file system can store some properties that those formatted with the FAT file system cannot.
This pop-up message is beneficial because it serves as a warning rather than a problem that needs to be fixed. However, we have a few options for you if you don’t want to continue to see this pop-up message in the future.
How do I Resolve the Copy File Without Properties Error?
Method 1: Change the Destination Drive’s File System to NTFS
1.Connecting the FAT drive to your computer will be the first thing you need to do.
- Switch on this PC.
- Make a backup of every file on the FAT drive.
- Select Format from the menu by performing a right-click on the drive.
- Select NTFS or exFAT as the File System, and then click Format.
- Verify that the warning message is gone once the process is complete. If the issue persists, experiment with different file system settings and formatting.
Method 2: A Third-Party File Manager is an Option.
- If you want to avoid seeing this warning message because some file managers don’t support it, simply use an alternative file manager like Frigate3.
- Remember that you can use a new file manager only if this warning message appears; you don’t have to completely switch.
Here are two quick solutions that could assist you in dealing with Please confirm that you want to copy this file without showing its properties. Please let us know in the comments section below if you found our solutions to be helpful.